I’m a big mass effect series fan bar the last 30mins in the third game. Its one of my favourite game series. Tail end of last year I decided to play all the mass effect games in order with all the DLC bar Pinnacle station and the fire walker.
I recently worked on a project which required to build admin application which needed to produce some insight reports. Like most projects of this sort it required using a charting package. I decided to spend an hour with each one and build a basic bar chart. To see how each api performs.
I’ve currently been using Vim as my main editor for the past two years, before that I was mainly Netbeans guy. The initial hurdle of learning all the different modes and creating your own vimrc. Can be a challenge at the start but if you stick with it can be very rewarding and time saving editor.
When working on large projects with multiple developers over time a stylesheet can become very difficult and time consuming making changes. As the butterfly effect can truly kick in when you have to track what changes affect which ones through the site. Changing the width of a container on one page can ruin another layout of another page.
One of my favorite features which I like to add to sites which I’m working on is a Browser Mini Search Box. This feature can be used in Firefox and Internet Explorer. It’s very easy to do but very surprising more sites don’t use this feature.